vrijdag 26 december 2008

Happy boxing day

Currently I'm reading the book 'The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self'. My teacher lend it to me once. It took me a long time to get to page 63 because I'm not familiar with a lot of phychological terms. I really had no idea what sisyphean meant.* Anywho, one passage striked me because it's so right and it's my life motto. During Christmas a lot of people commit suicide (or intend to). Hopefully these words from a cured patient with suicidal thoughts in the past can help you.

The world hasn't changed, there is a lot around me that is bad and evil and I see that more clearly than in the past. But nonetheless, for the first time I think life is really worth living. Maybe because I have the feeling for the first time in my life that I'm living my life. And it's an exciting adventure.

A quote from a patient of Alice Miller Ph.D

*An adjective meaning that an activity is unending and/or repetitive. It could also be used to refer to tasks that are pointless and unrewarding.

Geen opmerkingen: