vrijdag 5 december 2008

Sinterklaas 2003

In my family it's a known fact that I'm not fond of getting Winnie the Pooh stuff. I don't hate the little guy. I like the original version much better and I only bought a book with rhymes about him once. I guess my grandmother saw the book and thought I was a Winnie the Pooh fan or whatever. It was around a time that it was ok for mature women to walk around with cute kiddie stuff. My grandmother kept on buying Winnie the Pooh stuff like till she got the clue from my aunt and uncle.
Every year on this day we celebrate Sinterklaas. He's the original version of Santa Claus or as we call him in marketing terms, the Coca Cola version of Sinterklaas. Instead of a suit Sinterklaas wears a dress and a pointy hat and he's holding a golden stick. His possy are zwarte Pieten (black Pete's). For ages there was a contraversy about this guy, cause he was black and Sinterklaas is white. So the black community was angry and said the Pete's were slaves of Sinterklaas. Gah, they even tried to paint those Pete's in blue and purple but that was just stupid. Anywho, Sinterklaas' birthday was yesterday and today we celebrate some kind of secret santa. You pick someone and the most fun part is the package. You need to make a package that represents the one you picked. So my cousin asked what I wanted for Sinterklaas. I said, anything but Pooh. And this is what my uncle W made for me.

Yup, the snails were still on the grass. I digged up and killed Winnie the Pooh. Besides the package you also need to write a poem. In my poem it said something like this. Poor little Pooh, he only tried to be your friend. Suddenly you decided to move on without him. My present was inside Pooh. His weak spot was his crotch.xD Only my uncle W can think of these stuff. The rest of the presents were packed in Winnie the Pooh themed wrap paper and the parts with Winnie they covered with other characters. I love my silly family.:)

I'm going to see them tomorrow in Amersfoort en after that I will go to the South to see my parents and visit my church on sunday.

God bless.

Geen opmerkingen: