dinsdag 6 december 2011

She works hard for the money.

Day 8: Work

The next cartoon shows how I feel when I work on projects.
So true.:(

The cartoon is from Barcelona based artist Alex Noriega. Lasts christmas I was given a gelaskin, designed by Alex Noriega, for my iPad because I managed to drop the iPad during an electricity shortage. Till this day I've covered the huge dent with a cheesy lady bug sticker. It was time for a professional cover.




Maybe I should find a real job next year. A job that pays minimum wage but at least you get paid for the hours you work. My goal is to buy a house but that's impossible if you earn next to nothing.:( I don't understand why houses are still so expensive when the current home owners can't really afford to pay off their mortgage. They rather wait for a fool with way too much money to rescue them from their overvalued bricks than lower their price of their house. So basically a lot of people live in a situation next to bankrupcy because they have gambled with their debt. In the west we think we are rich but we are rich on paper. The bank crisis showed us we all live with a debt (student loans, mortgage, personal loans, etc ...) Your house is yours when you have paid of your loan. Besides that we all are paying off our country's state debt. I don't really want to know how much that is. TOO Much if you ask me. But we all want solid high ways, the public transport to be on time and we take care of the poor.
Today there was an item on the Dutch news about poverty in The Netherlands. We have about 1.000.000 people living under the poverty line. I wonder how many people in The Netherlands are really poor. The item showed a woman with a 17 years old son with a household income of € 1.100,- per month. I was like, I don't earn a lot but my life is less depressing than hers. Sometimes I refuse work so I can go on vacation. This year three times (Barcelona & Toulouse, Berlin and Mexico).XD I know, it's decadent.:/ Besides that, if I ever dare to ask for social support, my mother will personally kick me in the @** like they do it in Street Fighter, Tekken or Mortal Kombat games. Trust me, my mom is a trained ninja.;)
2012 is going to be a tough year for everyone I guess. If I'm going to find more work I'm actually going to improve my financial situation. Two things are for sure. I'm going to boost up my investment portfolio and my emergengy fund. So to save money I've bought a crisis proof christmas tree (never bought a christmas tree on my own before. So this is my first christmas tree ever).^____^

The christmas balls are from my friends J & M. They gave me an emergengy food package . My birthday invitation said something like: I have everything so I don't need anything but if you feel the urge to give me something, food for my food supply for a potential zombie apocalypse would be nice (no idea what to do with the christmas balls by then).
I also asked for toilet paper especially this one.
You can get a refund if you buy this overexpensive toilet paper (€ 3,99 0_o). So basically my guests could have given me a super cheap gift. Only one guest gave me toilet paper but he has bought another brand. But I guess no one really buys toilet paper as a birthday gift. Would be insane if you really did that ...
I also don't have to worry about sweets, Sinterklaas gave me enough to last till 2012.


And this is just a cookie. It's twice my head. Crazy Frisian people.:D

Last year's speculaaspop (speculoos doll). Didn't have the patience to take a picture this year. I'm wearing a work uniform underneath the fleece jacket so I look a bit fat. Maybe I was having my fat day. Maybe, maybe not. And my hair is like that because I was wearing a hat outside. It was snowing. I don't know about you but I'd rather have static hair than a cold and make other people sick because of my vanity. You are welcome.

1 opmerking:

Vegas.Love.Gamble zei

Wat een gigantische koek is dat zeg ! Ik vind deze blog echt super geschreven :)

2012 gaat idd een moeilijk jaar worden, maar je komt er wel.