zondag 5 januari 2014

Amsterdam Fashion Week

picture source

From Friday 17 to Monday 27 January, 2014 the 20th edition of the Amsterdam Fashion week will take place. Dutch designers and brands will show their collection to the fashion world. A world that has been overtaken mostly by the corporate world, selling superficial fashion for lots of money. Personally I think Amsterdam Fashionweek is more accessable to the common people. Most of the Dutch designers I know are really down to earth, they really take time to have a little chat with fashion lovers.

Viktor & Rolf are the best.:)

You don't have to be a fashionista to understand fashion. For me fashion is art, mostly the result of a creative journey. Unfortunately I don't own a Viktor & Rolf but I did own a piece from, another former Artez student, Aziz Bekkaoui.

picture source

I really loved the fabric. I was told he is a former ballet dancer, he does use his knowledge of dance in his creations. I really felt elegant in his shirt and I never felt I couldn't move freely in his creation.

Everyone suits an Aziz Bekkaoui.



Aziz Bekkaoui will be opening the Amsterdam Fashionweek on January 23 -2014.

For the fashion lovers who don't have access to the catwalk shows, don't worry, Amsterdam didn't forget about you guys. In addition to the catwalk shows, AFW celebrates its tenth year with 10 days downtown. You don't need to be a fashion model to join the expositions and parties. I'm looking forward to the Friday night event at the Van Gogh museum, dancing between the paintings of one of my favourite artists.


For more information about 10 days downtown check www.fashionweek.nl

Geen opmerkingen: