zaterdag 9 mei 2009

Paris, j'adore.

Two weeks ago I was in Paris with my parents and siblings. The weather was very bad as you can see in the following video. Normally I don't speak English like that. I was doing my bad French accent.


On the way to Paris the bus driver told us the city of Liège (Belgium) has a metro network but it's never been used for public transport.*Bummer*
I don't really like Paris, it's really touristy. The last time I was there some guy even molested me. My mom of course had to visit the places that make Asian women happy. The Louis Vuitton store and China town. After we put our bags in our hotel rooms we went straight to the Champs-Élysées for my mother to drool. The Parisian store doesn't trust paper money so they only accept Credit Cards and Louis Vuitton member cards. Mom forget hers so we couldn't buy her a new pet. Pitty though, mom said they were cheaper than in Germany.

Went to Sephora to get some personal care products but they didn't have the products I wanted. Still I had to make a picture of this huge bottle of J'adore eau de parfum from Dior (my signature smell). Unfortunately a woman walked by when my sister took a picture of me.
-___-

It was just insanse. The bottle can last like 30 years and the price was € 624,40.

Second destination of day 1 was China town so we took the metro to Porte d'Ivry station.

Woohoo, le metro!

Seriously. Why?

My goal was to ride the metro and to eat the famous Báhn mì (not bakmi), Vietnamese baguette. My brother just kept on telling me how he loves it since he visited China town in Paris for the first time. And I have to say, I heart it too.^^ I'm Dutch so I also heart mayonaise and guess what they contain mayonaise. Yum, yum, me so like it.=) I ate one with sliced vietnamese saucage and ham. You can get them with different kinds of meat, even vegetarian. I'm going to try to make them when I'm back in Leeuwarden.

On our way to the hotel I wondered how you should pronounce Daumesnil. I thought it was something German.xD

So my mom's manager gave us a direction to the hotel and it just said, 'Walk out the metro station and walk to the hotel.' Well, no Novotel nearby so we checked the map at the station and we couldn't figure out where it was.

Great we were lost

I was kind of grumpy and tired of asking in French for direction so my mom found a nice man who walked us to the hotel. He showed us his house which looked like a pineapple. I thought it looked like an upside down grape hyacinth.


Eventually I took a bath and went to my parent's room to eat some snacks and watch tv together with my brother. We tried to understand what the news reader was saying in French ... never mind.-___-

Geen opmerkingen: